Timeless: Season 1 - Review

My son got me watching the Timeless series. I had never heard of it but listening in to a few of the episodes that he was watching got me into it. My wife and I went back and watched all the episodes.

The premise of the series is that a time machine has been invented. Unfortunately, the time machine was stolen by a person who is going back in time and is changing history. Thankfully, the first version of the time machine, called the lifeboat, is still around. A small team is using the lifeboat to go back in time to try and stop the changes to history.

In the midst of all this is a secret organization called Rittenhouse. The person who stole the time machine claims that he is attempting to stop Rittenhouse and its evil plans. Unfortunately, he is killing innocent people to accomplish this. This leads to numerous ethical dilemmas.

Two of my favourite things are science fiction and history. Timeless brings both of these together. Not only have I been entertained, I have learned lots about history that I never knew.

I'm really looking forward to watching the second season. Timeless is thoughtful television at its best. Definitely worth checking out.

Timeless

Comments