Thoughts on the Fantastic Four

Fantastic Four
I finally got around to watching the 2015 Fantastic Four movie. The fact that it took this long for me to watch it tells you how bad of a reputation this movie had. This was supposed to be one of the worst superhero movies ever.

The truth is that I didn't think that it was that bad. It was slow but not horribly so. I thought it was better than the previous version of the Fantastic Four (and I didn't hate them either). I would say that I even liked this movie better than Iron Man 3 or the Amazing Spider-Man.

There were some things that I didn't like. Like the previous version of Fantastic Four, I did not like how they portrayed Dr. Doom. I like the original version of Doom as a highly intelligent and devious supervillain in armour and with all sorts of high tech weapons.

I also wished that the Thing would put some shorts on.

To be honest, the Fantastic Four are not the most interesting comic book characters (I mean one of the main members is called Mr. Fantastic!). Sure they have had some good stories over the years, but they are a tough team to do well.

I watched the movie tonight with my son, who had watched it previously. He loved the movie and it kept his attention the second time (which is amazing).

Fantastic Four is not the best superhero movie but it's not the worst either. I don't regret watching it.

Comments